How can I help you?
I offer a range of services tailored to your exact requirements:
- Proofreading: checking spelling, punctuation, grammar and layout as a last stage before publishing
- Copy-editing: looking at spelling, grammar, punctuation and word choice, as well as making suggestions for more appropriate or effective wording and to ensure consistency of style and fluency throughout
- Copy-editing-plus: copy-editing, plus comments on plot, continuity, timeline, and point of view
- Development editing: including continuity and plot checking, point of view, pace and characters
- Formatting to achieve a consistent layout
- Helping with tables of contents and other document preparation
How do I work with you?
I am very flexible in my approach and will try to work with you in the way that suits you best, intervening as much (or as little) as you like. I will usually ask to see a short sample so that we can discuss what you want me to do. (More on samples and charges…)
Unless you ask me to, I will not interfere with your individual style. I will help you express yourself fluently, but my aim is that your writing should be correct and appropriate to your task while still speaking in your unique voice.
My services are always:
- responsive and reliable
- flexible and friendly